Please Click And Enter Details To Check Power
Scandia Ultra Sauna Heaters
The heart of your sauna for over 50 years
Originally offered under the Vico label, the Ultra Sauna heater line has been in operation since the 1960’s. With over 50 years in the industry we have learned what components go into creating the best sauna heaters on the market. Thoughtful design and construction go into each of our heaters to ensure a safe, durable, high quality product for each of our customers. A sauna stove is the heart of your sauna, and at Scandia, we take that responsibility seriously. Whether you are considering one of our gas fired heaters or our wall mount electric heaters, the unique & handcrafted features of the Ultra Sauna line reflect our commitment to our customer’s full enjoyment of the sauna experience.
Each Ultra Sauna Heater features:
- 100 % stainless steel construction
- Solid steel rock tray
- Most compact design in the industry
- Installation and technical support
Though designed as a traditional dry sauna heater, the exclusive pan design transforms your heater into a Russian or Turkish sauna heater. Russian/Turkish saunas are characterized by having more moisture than Finnish saunas, but higher temperatures and less steam than steam rooms. Craftsmanship, versatility, and smart design have made the Ultra Sauna line the #1 choice for commercial saunas.
Lower Operational Costs
The Ultra Sauna electric heaters and stoves utilize convection style air flow to bring the sauna to temperature in less time. Because each element within the heater is protected by a baffle chamber, physical damage to the sauna’s elements is eliminated. The solid steel rock tray allows for water to be added to the rock tray without risk of damaging the elements.
The Ultra Sauna gas fired heaters and stoves can utilize either liquid propane or natural gas. They are offered with a piezo electric ignition system that replaces the old fashioned pilot light, but can be run from a simple battery pack. This allows you to enjoy the warm friendly heat, usually found in a Russian or Turkish sauna, at a lower cost and with less environmental impact.
Know the Difference
Gas or Electric Heater?
When deciding which is the best heater for your sauna there are a few things to know.
- When you purchase your heater from Scandia Manufacturing, you can know that you are getting the best quality heater available. Our Ultra Sauna Line ensures a safe, durable, and enjoyable experience that you can count on for years to come.
- With either heater, you get the added bonus of versatility. While both heaters are designed as traditional dry sauna heaters, our exclusive pan design can transform your heater from traditional to a Russian or Turkish heater. Russian or Turkish saunas are characterized by more moisture than traditional Finnish saunas, while maintaining higher temperatures and less steam than a steam room. Two sauna styles with one heater is one of the many benefits of purchasing a Scandia heater.
- No matter which heater you choose, you can count on its 100% stainless steel construction, the inclusion of a solid steel rock tray, and of course, installation and technical support from start to finish for the most compact heater design in the industry.
The Ultra Sauna gas fired heaters and Stoves feature:
The Ultra Sauna gas fired heaters can utilize either liquid propane or natural gas. This heater option offers a piezo electric ignition system which can be ran from a simple battery pack, replacing the pilot light. This option operates at lower costs, without compromising a quickly heated, perfect sauna experience. No electrical supply is needed and as long as your sauna location allows for the fresh air and ventilation required of any gas fired appliance, the Ultra Sauna Gas Fired Heater could be the perfect option for you.
- Sealed combustion chamber designed so all gas and flue connections are made outside the sauna
- Steel back panel assembly to ensure proper ventilation and air flow within the heater
- Extra large rock tray
- No need for an electrical supply
The Ultra Sauna wall mount electric heaters and Stoves feature:
The Ultra Sauna Wall Mounted Electric Heater it convenient because it requires no external ventilation. It’s compact, wall mount design is directly wired into the building, allowing for maximum usable floor space. Our wall mount heaters are available are available in 208 volt or 240 volt, single or three phase. UL code mandates that electric heaters attain a maximum of 194 degrees Fahrenheit (90 Celsius) making this option great for anyone considering a small sauna for their home without the worries of gas ventilation.
- Internal chamber structure that allows the elements to efficiently heat the air, rather than forcing the heat through the rocks first
- An elevated solid rock tray designed to prevent the recommended water application from damaging the unit
- All wire connections and supplied leads are rated for high temperature application
|Heater Feature||Gas Heaters||Electric Heaters|
|Fuel Type||Natural Gas or Propane||None|
|Ignitor||Pilot or Piezo||None|
|Timer||60 minute or 24 hour||60 minute or 24 hour|
|Electrical Control Box||No||Yes|
|Heater Size||40,000 BTU and 80,000 BTU||3.0, 4.5, 6.0, 7.5, 9.0, 12.0, 15.0 and 18.0 kw|
|Max Room Size Capacity||Up to 1680 cu ft (512.01 cu m)||Up to 1680 cu ft (512.01 cu m)|
|Recommended Ceiling Height||7 ft||7 ft|
|Power Supply||None||208 volts or 240 volts|
|Needs Through-Wall Rough-In||Yes||No|